Full course description
Welcome to a special rebroadcast of our 2018 21st Century Mouse Genetics course, during which our JAX faculty presented topics that go beyond the basics of mouse genetics including:
- modern approaches to genetic screens
- creation of transgenics and precision genetic modification
- computational data analysis and management
- innovative genetic tools for in vivo manipulation
- use of the mouse in translational biomedical research
About our Education Offerings
Founded in 1929, The Jackson Laboratory (JAX) is an independent, nonprofit biomedical research institution with more than 2,200 employees who are passionate about our mission: to discover precise genomic solutions for disease and to empower the global biomedical community in the shared quest to improve human health.
While we are not an accredited higher education institution, we offer a variety of education programs — including our non-credit bearing MiniCourses and Certificates — designed to educate current and future scientists and to provide critical resources, data, tools, and services to researchers worldwide.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- Audio speakers or headphones
- Screen resolution of 800X600 or higher
- Adobe Reader 5.0 or higher
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor