Cube Education Series
Started Apr 22, 2021
Full course description
The Cube Education Series consists of several modules with prerecorded lectures by JAX faculty that will be released on a weekly basis. At the conclusion of the course, Wed. 5/12/21, there will be a live session and panel discussion presented by Nadia Rosenthal. This course will be available indefinitely, to allow future cohorts of trainees and others at JAX to access the materials at will.
Certificate of Completion and/or Digital Badge
You will receive a certificate and/or digital badge for completing the Cube Education Series. In order to claim a certificate for this course, you must:
- watch the prerecorded lectures in Modules 1-4;
- attend the live session and panel discussion in Module 5 on Wed. 5/12/21 at 11:30-1:00 (save the date!);
- submit the End of Series survey.
This course is not designed to impart Cube expertise, but instead to provide a review of key topics that form a conceptual and practical foundation upon which The Cube project is based—topics that may position enrollees to better appreciate, understand and participate in aspects of The Cube.
This course is designed to meet the needs of JAX research trainees -- Postbacc Fellows, Postbacc Researchers, Graduate Students and Postdoctoral Associates -- but is open to all JAX team members.
Course Faculty and Organizers
- Nadia Rosenthal, Ph.D., F.Med.Sci, FAAHMS, Scientific Director Mammalian Genetics Research, The Jackson Laboratory
- Gregory Carter, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory
- Vivek Kumar, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory
- Steven Munger, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory
- Carol Bult, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory
- Madeleine Braun, Ph.D., MBA, Chief, Presidential Initiatives, The Jackson Laboratory
- Charlie Wray, Ph.D., Vice President, JAX Genomic Education, The Jackson Laboratory
- Candice Baker, Ph.D., Associate Research Scientist & Program Manager, CUBE, The Jackson Laboratory
- Jake Emerson, M.S., Principal Scientific Software Engineer Computational Sciences & Cube Initiative Computational Lead, The Jackson Laboratory
- Brent Berwin, Ph.D., Director, Courses & Conferences, The Jackson Laboratory
- Bill Barter, Director, Online & Digital Education, The Jackson Laboratory
- Marianne Goossens, Sr. Instructional Designer, The Jackson Laboratory
- Selcan Aydin, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory
- Ann Wells, Ph.D., The Jackson Laboratory